New to KML - Importing Post Codes (Zip Codes)

Davey

Jul 30, 2008, 1:25:30 PM7/30/08
to KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
I use mapping at a very elementry level and used to import data from
a .dbf file into Mappoint and I cant work out if I can do the same
thing in Google Maps. Can I import data to be imported (by Zip Code)
and if so how do I create a simpe KML file to do this. Or does this
only work with long/lat mapping data fields. Hope this question is
not out of line in this discussion group.

ManoM

Jul 31, 2008, 6:51:53 PM7/31/08
to KML Developer Support - Getting Started with KML
Hi Davey,

Google Earth Plus and Pro allow you to import different kinds of data
formats, with Pro supporting the most. You can then select what you've
created and save it as a KML file.

Or, you can do some scripting yourself. Here's an article that gives
and example:
http://code.google.com/apis/kml/articles/csvtokml.html

Mano